If it were me, I would fabricate a new reservoir out of 6061. It would
require TIG welding, but the fix would be permanent. As you mentioned, the
other options would be much more expensive, or have the potential for being
problematic.

~Holland

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mk2-16v/CABrbKB%3DvRWJn4qdBmgWHrkoHUHAZCA71eOorD0TV7dXSdSFacg%40mail.gmail.com.