I think this is just one of those cases, where you notice that Garmin map format simply does not allow to create a map that is useful for several usage cases. Better use a dedicated cycle-map (in which you would delete the oneway information in case of cycleway=opposite or similar).

Mark Burton wrote:
Hi Clinton,

Thanks for the feedback.

I tested this last night, as there are several streets close by where
this applies.

It seemed to work... mostly.

Strange things start to happen when you are directly on the street in
question. It appears that my eTrex sometimes decided I was on the
street, and not the cycleway, and sent me backwards.

Conversely when I switched back to car routing, the GPS device sent me
(for short distances) on the cycleway.

Things seemed to be OK when I started routing outside of the one-way street.

Yes, I would expect problems if you start on or very near to one of
these "fake" cycleways. Can't think of how to get around that.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to use an option to turn this feature
on rather than it being always active.

I would like to test this further: to do so, I have to first update
the OSM map in my area (there are a lot of one-way streets here which
allow reverse-flow bicycle traffic, but I have always ignored them).
I'll try to report back in a few days with further real-world results.

Thanks, that would be good.

Cheers,

Mark