Do you see any solution to this problem?
I think if a way is shorter than 3.4m we get the problem. I don't think it is because of the duplicate ways.

Could we maybe have a filter that joins such tiny roads to the ones it is connected too?
Felix

Mark Burton wrote:
Hi Felix,

I have just uploaded my source data, try your calculation on it, I think it will fail too for you as well.

http://openmtbmap.x-nation.de/maps/Debug/63660008.osm.gz

That's more like it. With that map, the little segment at the N of the
bridge weirds out. If you check the diagnostic output, you will see
that mkgmap is not deleting that way so the end points have not
resolved to the same coordinates (to make it zero length) but maybe
mapsource doesn't like ways that short and is barfing on it.

Cheers,

Mark