Hi

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 08:26:33AM +0200, Nop wrote:
> According to the Wiki page, the last version recommended as reasonably
> stable is 858. As I needed some particular improvements, I am using

Yes 858 is now ancient.  I think it doesn't even do routing with OSM input
files.

> might in order but quite a number of the posts here seem to indicate
> that many things are very experimental so this might be a change for the
> worse at the moment. My map is not intended for routing, so will not

I think most of the so-called experimental things have to be turned on
with an option.

> So the question is: Are there any plans to work towards another
> recommended reasonably stable version? Or do any of you have a personal
> recommendation for a build that in your experience should not cause trouble?

I've always tried to keep the main trunk as stable as possible and
the so called stable release is just one that is not too soon
after some major new thing has gone in.

The Computerteddy maps are usually made with pretty much the latest
version, so if there are basic problems they get noticed pretty quickly.

I think we should set the new version to 1067 which is before some recent
changes went in.  If there is a major problem, I will fix it and update.

..Steve