Clinton Gladstone wrote:
On Aug 1, 2009, at 10:13, Garvan & maew wrote:

I re-tested a sample I posted before with routing problems, except this time I converted the data to OSM format first, and it has the same problem with routing as I noted in a larger map, and as I explained above.

In the attached sample, snip.osm, if is not possible to route from

N13.10744 E100.92402

N13.09385 E100.91529

Without jumping all over the place (or any points points on these roads).

I did a quick test on a map extract of Asia which I had previously compiled. I noted no routing errors between these points.

One thing I found suspicious is that you are routing over a motorway with only one lane. The default style automatically adds a oneway attribute to all motorways. Could this be related to your routing problem?

You may wish to try a style file with the "add oneway" statement removed from the following line:

highway=motorway {add oneway = yes; add bicycle = no; add foot = no } [0x01 road_class=4 road_speed=6 resolution 12]

Thanks for the tip about highways being one way, and for taking the time to look at the issue. I normally use polish format so I did not think about the styles. However when I change the highway and highway_link to primary and primary_link the roads are no longer one way and I get the same error. I will attach the corrected sample to this post.

I joined roads with the same name and attributes when importing OSM data into Polish format, so the road lengths tend to be much longer in my data than in the original, making this issue more apparent. The unaltered data for Thailand is full of un-connected junctions so it is difficult to test.

I have the same error happening in five or six places, all associated with split roads. This sample is the smallest file I could make that shows the problem.

Garvan