Hi Mark,

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 10:43:39AM +0100, Mark Burton wrote:
> > I did not get any warnings or messages on stdout or stderr, or any assertion
> > failures.  Does this mean that Finland is OK?  Or should I enable some magic
> > logging property to see the errors?
>
> Yes, you need to have a logging.properties file (see previous postings)
> that enables logging for warnings either to the console or to log files.

Thanks, with the logging.properties from
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2009q3/003993.html
I got some warnings about roundabouts and fixed a few already.

> > One more question: What about roundabouts that have been split because of
> > bus route relations (bus routes would usually not circle the whole
> > roundabout)?  Does mkgmap merge them already? Could it? Would some
> > style tagging be needed, in case someone wants to do special line styles
> > or naming based on bus routes?
>
> The roundabout checking code tries to check roundabout segments and
> will report any that it thinks have the wrong direction but it will not
> reverse any because the check can be fooled. I checked all the
> roundabouts on the GB mainland and quite a few segmented roundabouts
> that had segments going in the wrong direction where detected. Quite
> often, ways get the junction=roundabout tag by mistake (i.e. the're not
> actually part of a roundabout) and the check will find around 50%
> of those errors.

I did not find the old discussion on a problematic roundabout, so I cannot
check the data.  I am just guessing that the problem could be that the
roundabout segments were not tagged junction=roundabout (because some
validator or renderer could have problems with roundabouts defined in
multiple segments).  That would be an error of the validator or renderer,
of course.

Best regards,

        Marko