Hi,

I have to agree with Greg; while reasoning about this kind of
motoric automatism, I also came to the conclusion that --destdir
is usually used to move stuff (eg. when compiling after code with
configure/make), while this isn't the case here.

It might be more comprehensible with --output-dir.

Hence I did a
perl -pi -e
's/destination/output/g;s/fileDestDir/fileOutputDir/g;s/destDir/outputDir/g;s/dest-dir/output-dir/g;s/getDestDir/getOutputDir/g;s/Destination/Output/s'
on the diff as well as the files and put them here (sorry for
the long name):

http://aloha.target23.de/splitter-directoryswitch-output.zip

All the best,
/Markus