On Apr 25, 2011, at 19:21, WanMil wrote:

> I have committed changes to the locator branch which implements the
> usage of separate precompiled splitted boundary files.

This seems like a quite plausible approach. I'll try it out.

By the way, for others who attempt this, there were a few typos in WanMil's
original osmosis command line. The following seems to be working for me:

osmosis --rb europe.osm.pbf --tf accept-ways boundary=admistrative --tf
accept-relations boundary=administrative --used-node --wx europe-boundaries.osm

Cheers.