On 03/01/15 08:15, Gerd Petermann wrote:
@Steve:
The routine was initially created for the --check-roundabouts option.

Later it was also used for --add-pois-to-areas and the --housenumbers
option.
I got the impression that it might be better to calculate the center
of the way bbox for those two, I am not so sure about the roundabout code.
What do you think?

Seems like the current method would tend to place the point near the
most complex part of the boundary.  This may not be bad, I would have
to see lots of real examples to be sure.

Anyway there are no easy (or even any difficult!) methods that work in
all cases, so I would just keep it as it is and perhaps should the calculated point be outside the box, move it to the closest point
inside.

..Steve