Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-boun...@lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von
Eugeny_B <eugeny_bury...@mail.ru>
Gesendet: Freitag, 2. Februar 2018 22:01
An: mkgmap-dev@lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Why is mkgmap the option --country-name=name

I'm downloading the former USSR
http://data.gis-lab.info/osm_dump/dump/latest/local.osm.pbf and using mkgmap
I create a directory of borders.
Then I download the Leningrad Region
http://data.gis-lab.info/osm_dump/dump/latest/RU-LEN.osm.pbf and create a
gmapsupp without the options --country-name = name and --country-abbr =
abbreviation .
Device Nuvi 1310 Where-> Address-> Change country. shows 4 country names:
"SUOMI", "Russian Federation", "Country" in English and "Estonia" in
Russian.
If the Nuvi shows "Estonia" in Russian, that's why it doesn't show "Russia"
in Russian, and shows "Russian Federation" in English?