I've been investigating dest_hints for a couple days and finally got working. (special road types 0x08 and 0x09 got me badly at first).

I'm wondering why is this implemented only for ways starting from motorway_junction node (if I understood the code well). I think it could be very usefull to get hints in for example roads coming from roundabouts. (no exit junction hint is needed there but destination hint would make routing directions sometimes easier if one got "towards that an that" -type text)

Any ideas if this could be an easy and usefull improvement?
--
Chears, Harri