Hi,

I'm against changing defaults for existing options.

I'm in the first group of users, I have scripts with options. A change of defaults would probably require to change options in my scripts. I'm afraid I wouldn't catch changes in mkgmap and in many cases I would get a faulty map without knowing the reason.

For example, I never use --process-destination --process-exits in scripts, I don't want these features in my maps and I'm not even sure, if my styles support correctly these options.

I rather suggest to prepare an example of config file, which would contain recommended options for default style. It could be dedicated to second group of users.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej