Release importante che fissa anche i problemi durante il boot.

Se necessario l'update deve essere fatto manualmente,
 l'update automatico e' disattivato per questa release.

From: Tails - News <>
Subject: [Tails-news] Tails 3.6 is out
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 17:35:02 -0000

This release fixes [many security issues](
rous_security_holes_in_3.5/index.en.html) and users should upgrade as soon as

# Changes

## New features

  * You can now lock your screen by clicking on the ![](
ib/network-wireless-encrypted.png) button in the system menu.

![System menu](

    * If you set up an [?](
inistration password when starting Tails, you can unlock your screen with your
administration password.

    * Otherwise, you can set up a password to unlock your screen when locking
your screen for the first time.

![Set a password to unlock your screen](

  * We improved a lot the backend of the **[Additional Software** persistence
tml#additional_software). Your additional software is now:

    * Installed in the background after the session starts instead of [?](https:
_opening_of_the_desktop)blocking the opening of the desktop.
    * Always installed even if you are offline.
  * Install [pdf-redact-tools](
s/blob/master/, a command line tool to clean metadata and redact PDF
files by converting them to PNG images.

  * An error message indicating the name of the graphics card is now displayed
when Tails fails to start GNOME.

## Upgrades and changes

  * The **Tails documentation** launcher on the desktop now opens the
documentation on our website if you are online.

  * Install drivers for the [Video Acceleration API](
ki/Video%5FAcceleration%5FAPI) to improve the display of videos on many graphics

  * Upgrade _Electrum_ from 2.7.9 to [3.0.6](

  * Upgrade _Linux_ to 4.15.0.

  * Upgrade _Tor_ to

  * Upgrade _Thunderbird_ [52.6.0](

We also activated the _AppArmor_ profile of _Thunderbird_ from Debian to
[confine _Thunderbird_ for

  * Rewrite some internal scripts from shell scripting to Python, thanks to

## Fixed problems

  * Remove the display of debug and error messages when starting.

  * Fix the ISO image selection being unavailable in _Tails Installer_ in
languages other than English. ([#15233](

  * Fix _OpenPGP Applet_ being unresponsive when decrypting a lot of text.

For more details, read our [changelog](https://git-

# Known issues

  * Enigmail is unable to download OpenPGP keys for new contacts if you have the
GnuPG persistence feature activated. You can still download OpenPGP keys using
Passwords and Keys. ([#15395](

  * This release is not reproducible, due to various python files in /usr/local
having different timestamps. ([#15400](

See the list of [long-standing

# Get Tails 3.6

  * To install, follow our [installation instructions](

  * We do not provide automatic upgrades from older Tails installations for this
release, as we've hit an old bug while generating the necessary files ([#13426]( You have to [upgrade

  * [Download Tails 3.6.](

# What's coming up?

Tails 3.7 is [scheduled]( for May

Have a look at our [roadmap]( to see
where we are heading to.

We need your help and there are many ways to [contribute to
([donating]( is only one of them). Come
[talk to us](!

Rispondere a