Hi Durgesh,

Welcome to the mlpack community! I would say the first step would be to try and
build mlpack from source on your machine. This will be required if you want to
make additions to the library. I found this guide helpful:
https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack#4-building-mlpack-from-source. Or, if you just
want to test out some of the tools mlpack offers, you can simply install using
the package manager. On Ubuntu, this can be achieved with the following command:

$ sudo apt-get install libmlpack-dev

Once you are somewhat familiar with the codebase (going through the tests will
help you understand the program structure), you can move onto solving a bug
from the issues list (https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues). It would be
helpful if you have already decided on a project idea
(https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas), so you can direct
your efforts on a particular area. Also, please go through the design
guidelines (https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/DesignGuidelines) before
submitting your code, this will give you some insight on how to structure your
contributions.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Adeel