Hi Marcus,

Using Python (with OpenGL) for writing the simulator seems like a better
option to me primarily because it will allow for more flexibility. Graphics
libraries like pygame should provide a good a starting point for the
simulation. As far as communication between the simulation and the agent
go, I was thinking of having an HTTP server to serialize data and transfer
it between the learning agent and the server(using flask). The agent can
poll the server at time intervals for new content and process them.
Having used the libraries above for numerous personal projects, I am quite
comfortable with them.
Faster communication could be made possible using persistent sockets
instead of polling from an HTTP endpoint.
Purpose built software like ROS seems to be a tangible alternative too,
but, as per your suggestion in the other thread about this project, that
most of the available compute should be utilised for the learning
algorithm, using a pure Python implementation should not only make it
performant but also easily maintainable and installable.

I would love to hear your suggestions on the ideas suggested above. Thank
you for your time.

Best,
Sayan

Sayan Goswami
Undergraduate Student (UG-II)
Dept. of Electronics & Telecomm. Engineering
Jadavpur University