Hello everyone,
My name is Prabhat Sharma ( Github: Prabhat-IIT) and I am a sophomore at
IIT Roorkee, India pursuing Electrical Engineering. I am a machine learning
enthusiast and am well versed with C/C++, Python and Matlab. I've completed
some basic Machine Learning MOOCs and in the process implemented some
pretty famous algorithms from scratch.
Recently, I've Interned with Shopclues <https://www.shopclues.com/> an
e-commerce giant in India. I won a hackathon organized by the company and
helped them to build a merchant rating system for over 6 lakh merchants by
analysing real time data and feeding it to simple but effectively designed
machine learning algorithm which was formulated by me and my team members.

I'm also a member of my colleges Data Science group
<https://github.com/dsgiitr>. We are a bunch of people who organize open
discussions and workshops related to various cool and interesting topics of
machine learning. Some of our members have also written some awesome blogs
<https://medium.com/data-science-group-iitr>.

Presently, I'm working with Prof. Kusum Deep( google scholar
<http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ByQN_c0AAAAJ>) on convex
optimization. She is an expert on Nature inspired optimization techniques
especially Particle swarm optimization. She has also written a book on it
<http://www.newagepublishers.com/servlet/nagetbiblio?bno=001699> . Lately,
I've been helping her in organizing a workshop <http://scrs.in/seta/> on
Particle swarm optimization jointly organized by

*Soft Computing Research Society. *
So, I'm very much interested in the Particle Swarm optimization project. I
would like to know what can I do prior to Gsoc proposal submission
regarding the project. I can make a base PR for PSO like the one which is
open or I can implement some other optimizers for constrained optimization
problems.

Thanks and Regards
Prabhat Sharma
Sophomore, IIT Roorkee