Hi Shubham,

I started contributing just a few months ago and had a similar background (consider that I don't have much experience and this is just what worked for me).

For me, the best starting point was learning how tests work and maybe implementing a new test.

There are also a few opened issues labeled as easy https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22D%3A+easy%22

I hope this is useful :)

Roberto.