Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply.I also went through the project offerings on the
GSoC'19 page and the project 'Quantum Gaussian Mixture Models' fascinated
me a lot.

I have already implemented GMM(full batch) and it's online version(stepwise
EM) from scratch on MNIST dataset. Please look at my github account
<https://github.com/subham913?tab=repositories>.

I have already gone through the suggested paper(Quantum Clustering and
Gaussian Mixture).Apart from what already has been suggested on the ideas
page I would also try implementing its scalable version.Also as of General
Purpose EM and Blackbox VI,I also plan to work on them.Please let me know
if it would be feasible in the given time frame.

Thanks and regards,

Subham Kumar

Undergraduate Student

Computer Science and Engineering