> Do you care to share any information about the project you are working on?

So to talk a little about my project, it's a non-commercial open source
project. My goal is to create a multimedia player for langage learning
where we can easily extract some part of a movie into a new file (For
instance when I am watching a movie, I can save some parts with
interresting sentence in a new file and listen it into my mp3 to remember
it), and add more than one subtitle track (most of the multimedia player
let only add one subtitle track).
As an old exchange student, I have a lot of ERASMUS friends (also other
friends who are learning english) that could be interested by this program.
But unfortunateley most of them are using windows. So I have to compile my
program under windows.
It's also an academic project that is part of my french master degree.

> It compiles? m_profile should be a pointer here. Maybe a typo

Yeah it's a typo.

> Have you tried running "melt" to make sure the everything compiled
properly?

Yeah it seems to work, I did ran melt.exe and melt.exe noise (a window with
noise appeared).
I compiled the program play.cpp but I got the same mistake that with my
program.
I also tried to make work a c program :

#include <framework/mlt.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main( int argc, char **argv )
{
mlt_repository repo = mlt_factory_init( NULL );
//mlt_consumer consumer = mlt_factory_consumer( "bluefish", "NTSC" );
 mlt_profile profile = mlt_profile_init("square_ntsc_wide");
mlt_factory_close();
 return 0;
}

It compiled but when I run my program I got the folowing mistake :
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\cedric\build\lib\mlt/libmltqimage.dll
  ("C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\cedric\build\lib\mlt\libmltqimage.dll": A
dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.)
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\cedric\build\lib\mlt/libmltswfdec.dll
  ("C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\cedric\build\lib\mlt\libmltswfdec.dll": A
dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.)
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen
C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\cedric\build\lib\mlt/libmltxml.dll
  ("C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\cedric\build\lib\mlt\libmltxml.dll": The
specified module could not be found.)

Since libmltxml.dll is in "C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\cedric\build\lib\mlt" I
am not sure of what this means.

Sincerely,

Cédric

2012/1/26 Dan Dennedy <d...@dennedy.org>:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 8:41 PM, Brian Matherly <pez4br...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>>> Ok I was following the instructions but I didn't see the note at the
>>
>>> bottom. The compilation of mlt worked, but I have some trouble to make
>>> a program using mlt working.
>>>
>>> #include <Mlt.h>
>>> #include <iostream>
>>>
>>> int main(){
>>> Mlt::Factory::init (NULL);
>>> Mlt::Profile m_profile = new Mlt::Profile ("square_ntsc_wide");
>
> It compiles? m_profile should be a pointer here. Maybe a typo
>
>>> std::cout << "Work !" << std::endl;
>>> }
>>>
>>> I compiled like that :
>>> g++ -o test3 testIncludeMltpp.cpp
>>> -I/c/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/cedric/build/include/mlt++
>>> -I/c/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/cedric/build/include/mlt
>>> -L/c/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/cedric/build/lib -lmlt++ -lmlt
>>> Then I put my program in the ~/build directory.
>>>
>>> When I try to run my windows program, I get a windows error :
>>> The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK
>>> to close the application.
>>>
>>> Do you have any idea of what that means ?
>>
>> I don't. I've never used MLT on Windows, and I've never used the MLT++
API (always use C API on Linux). You might need Dan's help. But I can throw
a couple of things out there: