Hi,

could anybody give me advice on how to play with speed 0.1 ... 0.9 or
another non-integer speed value.

mlt_types.h has very interesting lines code:
[...]
/* I don't want to break anyone's applications without warning. -Zach */
#undef DOUBLE_MLT_POSITION
#ifdef DOUBLE_MLT_POSITION
typedef double mlt_position;
#else
typedef int32_t mlt_position;
#endif
[...]

that define to use integer type for position, so any float speed values
would be truncated to int value:

void mlt_producer_prepare_next( mlt_producer self )
{
if ( mlt_producer_get_speed( self ) != 0 )
mlt_producer_seek( self, mlt_producer_position( self ) +
mlt_producer_get_speed( self ) );
}

so first possible approach would be define DOUBLE_MLT_POSITION, but
could it break MLT?

i found producer_slowmotion that sounds like proper solution but i have
no glue how to use it. Could anybody give me a code sample that show how
to use playlist and slowmotion producer?

Maksym Veremeyenko