On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 4:10 AM, Hungerburg <pc...@myzel.net> wrote:
> Please excuse the noise, I just can't stand the error in the other post not
> corrected: time is normalized between start and end of the filter -- Reading
> docs sometimes makes miracles transparent. Attached a more sophisticated
> stab at conquering webvfx. No advise needed, this just an experiment: Have a
> title that fades out. Thank you

Thank you for sharing. It is nice to see people experimenting with
WebVfx as I believe it has a lot of untapped potential.

// maybe it was nice, if the html could declare fields,
// that would then show in the filter settings panel, QML?

QML with Quick Controls is the way to go IMHO. It provides a very
concise way to code up these simple UIs that is mostly declarative but
can also seamlessly integrate code when you need/want it. I have
experience with native code, custom UI XML schemas, metadata-driven UI
generators, and now QML. I choose QML, and that is the direction
Shotcut has decisively chosen. Perhaps one could argue it would be
nice to use HTML tech  to make the UI to consolidate skills
required/used. Well, you will have to choose a framework like Ext JS
because raw HTML and Javascript will require much, and that adds a new
element to choose and understand. To make the final argument, QML
makes it easy to integrate language translations. :-)

// How to read the frame rate from the project?

It is not available through webvfx extension. It can be made a
parameter, and then we can add fps as a property on the "profile"
object available in Shotcut QML filter UIs.

// console.log("render: " + time); // Where does it show?

It will show in console when you run (q)melt with -verbose:
qmelt -verbose noise: -filter webvfx:$HOME/Downloads/FadingTitle.html out=250