Hello everyone, I would like to limit the number of frames that are output
by the avformat consumer no matter how many frames are produced.

At the moment, I can only use the command line (q)melt.  This problem would
be easier using the libraries directly, but that isn't an option at this
time.  I've dumb down the issue as much as possible, and I came up with
essentially what I want is this:
  qmelt.exe 1.mov -consumer avformat:demo.mp4 out=200

1.mov has 540 frames.  The end result is 540 frames. I do not want to put
out= as a property on the producer, this is a dumb down example, a more
realistic one I have is:
  qmelt.exe 1.mov -blank 120 1.mov -consumer avformat:demo.mp4 out=200

In this example, assume there is at least 200 frames.  It doesn't matter if
1.mov has 40 or 500 frames, I still want demo.mp4 to have 200 frames.
Obviously, out isn't a consume property.  I've looked at the avformat docs
and was unable to see any like property.  I know I could just encode
demo.mp4 a second time using out on the producer but that seems resource
intensive for such a simple use case.

Basically, I need to be able to stitch together video and blank frames and
then limit the output no matter how long the clip/track.  Any ideas to
accomplish what I need?

I would be willing to use a filter such as:
  qmelt.exe 1.mov -blank 120 1.mov -attach-track out_limit:200 -consumer
avformat:demo.mp4

There didn't seem to be a filter, that I'm aware of, which will do this?

Thanks,
  James