On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 10:54 PM, Vincent Pinon <vincent.pi...@laposte.net>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We recently got that issue on Kdenlive that apparently also appears in
> OpenShot:
> https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=124580&p=328850#p328850
>
> Maybe it is linked to:
> http://sourceforge.net/p/mlt/bugs/164/
>
> Can you have a look?

I do not reproduce the problem with a clip that I know cooperates
(uncompressed AVI, DV) with both melt or Kdenlive HEAD using en_US or de_DE
locales. I tried different speeds: 50%, 70%, 120%, 200% . Based on vague
user feedback, I believe the speed effect does not work good on some video
formats, but I do not have data or much personal experience on that. It
seems to work OK for me. I certainly expect reverse is more problematic on
temporally compressed footage.

The bug report you reference is not actually a bug. The reporter requested
MLT to not be locale aware, and the answer is no.

--
+-DRD-+