On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 1:42 AM, Konstantin Dmitriev <
ksee.zelga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!

> > I got it just fine and reviewed it, but I have not been confident to
> apply
> > it as-is because it raised some questions about which I needed to do some
> > investigation. Is it your intention that this patch is suitable to apply
> > as-is, or is it just something someone else might find "usable" and
> > "convenient?"
>
> Sorry for the delayed answer. I have been testing the patch in various
> environments. I have made som fixes and applied it on top of MLT
> 0.9.6. Here is the final version -
>
> https://github.com/morevnaproject/mlt/commit/36f62317db3d796bbe848bfb5e12d5c1f85c6da0
>
> I have tested the patch in the following environments:
> * Debian Linux 32bit / 64bit
> * 32bit MinGW crosscompilation on Windows 8 (64 bit)
> * 32bit and 64bit MinGW crosscompilation on Fedora 21 (64 bit)
> * OSX 10.6.8 32bit
> * OSX 10.8.2 64bit
>
> I think the patch is ready to be applied "as-is".
>
> If this patch will be applied, then (I hope) someday we will have
> official universal port of MLT in MacPorts. This is my intention.
>
> > Why is CPPFLAGS only defined for OSX and not other OS targets?
>
> Here I have added CPPFLAGS for other OS targets:
>
> https://github.com/morevnaproject/mlt/commit/36f62317db3d796bbe848bfb5e12d5c1f85c6da0#diff-dba73672587f87ebfddb77e4858ec2b9R15
>
> > IOW, how will
> > the lack of flags affect make depend on other OS targets? It seems to be
> > fine for my Linux, but is it
> >
> > Why does CPPFLAGS include sdl-config --cflags?
>
> Otherwise it fails doing "make depend".
>
> Best Regards,
> K.
>
> --
> http://morevnaproject.org/

I started testing this patch today, and on OS X it breaks make depend in
the avformat module:
factory.c:35:10: fatal error: 'libavformat/avformat.h' file not found

This is because CPPFLAGS does not contain the -I option where my
libavformat includes are located (/opt/local on macports). I suspect this
problem will affect other modules and other OSes when includes are not in
standard locations. My MinGW build is failing on make depend for the sox
module. It seems that the depend target needs most of what is in our CFLAGS
except incompatible options like -arch. All of the configure scripts and
makefiles need review and change to include more things in CPPFLAGS. If you
are not up for that, I do not blame you. I am not up for that either at
this time. It ought to be easy to maintain this patch in your own MLT repo
if you choose to go that route.

--
+-DRD-+