Oh blah, I meant to say that the jpeg file /displays/ fine, not that it displaces. Sorry.

~Jesse

On 09/30/2016 08:50 PM, Jesse Gordon wrote:

Some further info, and two specific questions:

I tried playing a .jpeg file and that displaces.

I can also specify color:red out=25 videofile.mpeg color:green and it plays the red and green fine but not the mpeg (Or any other video file I've tried so far.)

I also tried a full path to my mpeg file, and also tried specifying /melt avformat:/somewhere/here/videofile.mpeg/

None worked.

Question: Is there a command I can type to see if mlt is supposed to be using ffmpeg to handle video files?

Also, am I correct in my understanding that ffmpeg provides the video codec support to mlt for a wide range of common video formats?

Thank you very much,

Jesse