On 04/13/2016 08:05 AM, Jer wrote:
On 16-04-13 07:59 AM, Marcelo Cavalcante wrote:

That's the default behavior for systemd, so since Ubuntu moved to systemd, that's an expected result.

By default, systemd will now name interfaces following policy:

1) if that information from the firmware is applicable and available, falling back to 2) if that information from the firmware is applicable and available, falling back to 3) if applicable, falling back to 5) in all other cases. 4) is not used by default, but is available if the user chooses so.

Off course, the distro could do a workaround, but they decided to keep the default settings, like many other distros adopting systemd.

Cheers,

Thanks, I have not kept up on systemd. My issue is I need to have a script write out the /etc/network/interfaces file. Can someone tell me how I can reliably determine the network adapter name from the cli?

You can use a few approaches.