On 2018-04-19 07:13 AM, Hendrik Boom via mlug wrote:
On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 08:51:33AM -0400, Jer via mlug wrote:
Hi guys, Nick and I have been carrying on the domain and website on our own
resources for a long while now. It is basically unused.

Is there any point to keeping this going? Is anyone interested in taking it
over if they think there is a reason to?

I like the history and all, but there comes a time to rethink this.

As it stands the domain expires 4/26/2018.

The only real issue I see is that the listserv is using a subdomain of
mlug.ca but I think we can probably find a way around that.

Opinions, suggestions welcome.
How much does it cost to keep it going?
How much storage does it need?

-- hendrik

Jeremy
At this point I am fine hosting it, but it is on an ancient drupal that hasn't been touched for many years and I am sure is full of security holes. The domain is standard domain cost.

I just renewed the domain for 2 years so we have a reprieve, I just am in a place where if something is never used, what is the point?

Jeremy

PS: Nick's idea about turning it into a doorway page for some MLM is a great one - maybe I can make some bucks off this. I know how to block mailing lists anyway ;)