On 2018-04-19 01:26 PM, Jimmy via mlug wrote:
Wait.. what...  we have a website?  :)  lol.

Here is a thought... only because I am feeling nostalgic today.

Keep the page up, we put the story of MLUG, where it came from, people involved, history, some pictures of the meetings in Alan's house, etc...  And where to find these resources today.  Links to the linkedin group, the mailing list, etc...
(Make sure we build the page in vim) :)

Just a thought.

Yes, I think replacing the CMS with static html is the way to go. I can host it forever without worrying about much.

FYI there is an archive of a bunch of stuff up here, bunch of articles by Paul Tatham, JF, Nick, etc... http://mlug.ca/static/

When I find a bit of free time I'll just do that and rip out anything interesting from current site to drop in there.

If people have any historical stuff they want to share they can email it me at webmas...@j3r.org

Since I am newer school I may use nano rather than vim ;)

Jeremy