hi all,

I am in urgend need of an actual VM with MethodHandles, but this is as
always quuite complicated. This time I created a chroot envrionment for
32 bit, that was where I last time had to stop. I managed to get it
compiled by the patch that was provided here 5 months ago and finally
had a VM to run. So I did:

davinci/sources/jdk/build/linux-i586/bin/java
-XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+EnableMethodHandles
-XX:+EnableInvokeDynamic FidgetDemo

and got:

> #
> # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
> #
> #  Internal Error (methodHandles.cpp:98), pid=8548, tid=4149795728
> #  Error: guarantee(z && EnableMethodHandles,"can only enable once, and only
> if -XX:+EnableMethodHandles")
> #
> # JRE version: 7.0
> # Java VM: OpenJDK Client VM (16.0-b08 mixed mode linux-x86 )
> # An error report file with more information is saved as:
> # /tmp/t/hs_err_pid8548.log
> #
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> #   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
> # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
> # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
> #
> Aborted

No idea why this fails like this. What I now need is either a workaround
for this problem here, or a running JVM with method handles that I can
download somewhere. As long as it is linux it should be fine, whatever
it is.

Who can help me here?

bye blackdrag

--