On Mar 6, 2010, at 5:21 PM, Larry Chester wrote:

> Then to invoke on an Object x:
>
> lookup.get(x.getClass()).invokeGeneric(x);
>
> This is quite slow though (although I believe the bottleneck is in the
> invokeGeneric call).

I can certainly believe that:  invokeGeneric is not fully implemented yet.

Try this instead:
        lookup.put(String.class, func.asType(func.type().generic()));

Then you can call any handler with a fast exact call:
        lookup.get(x.getClass()).invoke(x);  // x must be an Object

-- John

P.S. The name MH.invoke will be changing to MH.invokeExact, to emphasize the
difference from invokeGeneric.