On May 23, 2010, at 10:21 AM, Fredrik Öhrström wrote:

> What are the patches needed to build
> with full MethodHandle support.
> The wiki page http://wikis.sun.com/display/mlvm/Building
>
> says that the patche guards "buildable testable"
> should be used.
>
> This is clearly not enough. It seems like 6939203 and
> at least something more is needed.
>
> What are the exact patches needed for full MethodHandle support?

If you look in the .hg/patches/series file you'll see a comment about the base
revision for the patches (for 292 work).  That also has to be a guard.  It's an
extra check to make sure people don't accidentally apply patches to a random
base revision.

Here are the exact guards that currently will push all applicable 292 patches:
  hg qsel d6d1af32c5f9 buildable testable

I also add these, just to keep sub-projects from mixing by accident:  /hotswap
/callcc /tailc /inti /anont /coro .

The hex number changes every time we rebase the patches.  The commands in the
wiki obtain this number from current-release.sh.

The "buildable testable" guards are there to exclude patches that are not
ready.  In other words, they act only negatively: "#-buildable", etc.

Currently, dynopt-6912064.patch is disabled with "#-testable" because it failed
a regression test and I haven't looked into it yet.

In Mercurial queues, negative guards are combined with "and", while positive
guards are combined with "or".  This makes negative guards much more useful.
The guards that begin with "/" are double-negatives (my convention).  Selecting
"/coro" means "exclude coro", by convention.  Marking a patch "-/coro" should
be read as "if not excluding coro".

-- John