On Nov 7, 2010, at 3:15 PM, Rémi Forax wrote:

> John, I wonder if invokeVarargs() with 0 argument should
> use invokeGeneric instead of the genericInvoker.
> Also it seems that there is no check in the VM that the default target
> of a switch can be not taken.

Probably.  invokeWithArguments (which is the final name) predates a working
invokeGeneric implementation, so it might be able to build on top of it now.
In any case, there is no reason to have an oversized method.  Internally, the
call should jump through MethodType.invokers.varargsInvokers.  That would make
the method inlinable again.  And the compiler should (though it doesn't
presently) bet that MethodType.invokers.varargsInvokers is a stable value.

-- John