On Nov 22, 2010, at 6:57 PM, John Rose wrote:

> Because of a strong and reasonable request from the IBM JVM team, the JSR 292
> class file format for CONSTANT_InvokeDynamic is changing one more time.
> I will be putting out a review request soon for this.

Here is a JVM change which moves the variadic parts of CONSTANT_InvokeDynamic
specifiers out of the constant pool and into a new attribute, BootstrapMethods.
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jrose/7001379/webrev.hs.00

For review, here is the specification change, in the javadoc in the jdk repo:
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jrose/7001379/webrev.jdk.00

The JDK webrev also includes an adjusted unit test.

The base revision was reviewed by Christian yesterday:
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jrose/7001423/webrev.00

The JVM code passes the unit test, of course.

-- John