On Apr 25, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Mark Roos wrote:

> From Christian
>
> Although something that John and I talked about yesterday could help here:
> immutable (or stable) arrays.  We might add some optimization for this soon
> since we'd need it for bound arguments in our new JSR 292 implementation.
>

> I also have a somewhat large ( 5K) cache of my boxed integers to help with
> the GC issues.  Would your enhancement be available to my cache as well?

Good question.  Our first implementation of this will be very likely limited to
java/lang/invoke classes (or java/lang because of String).  The only way I can
think of to make this available to users is an annotation.

Since I know nothing about annotations... is it possible to annotate a
variable?  But I think that's possible.

-- Chris