I'm getting a lot of these messages trying to test against meth-lazy,
which is preventing me from validating it for larger benchmarks and
JRuby's test suite:

Invalid gemspec in
[/Users/headius/projects/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/shared/specifications/treetop-1.4.10.gemspec]:
=============== DEBUG MESSAGE: illegal bytecode sequence - method not
verified ================

Invalid gemspec in
[/Users/headius/projects/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/shared/specifications/trinidad-1.3.5.gemspec]:
=============== DEBUG MESSAGE: illegal bytecode sequence - method not
verified ================

Invalid gemspec in
[/Users/headius/projects/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/shared/specifications/trinidad_jars-1.0.3.gemspec]:
=============== DEBUG MESSAGE: illegal bytecode sequence - method not
verified ================

Invalid gemspec in
[/Users/headius/projects/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/shared/specifications/tzinfo-0.3.33.gemspec]:
=============== DEBUG MESSAGE: illegal bytecode sequence - method not
verified ================

I tracked this message down to
TemplateInterpreterGenerator::set_entry_points in
templateInterpreter.cpp. If I'm reading it right, this message is set
as a default for several of the various entry points, which are
*supposed* to be updated if the given bytecode is valid. If it's not,
you get this result when it attempts to proceed.

Now normally JRuby loads itself from boot classloader, to skip
verification for code that has been verified a million times in test
runs. So I thought perhaps if I forced it to verify I'd see it fail in
the actual verifier. No dice, I still get these messages.

If I turn off indy, the messages go away. If I run without meth-lazy,
the messages go away. Christian suggested -Xverify:all, which provides
the following...so I guess something is generating bad code here?

Invalid gemspec in
[/Users/headius/projects/jruby/lib/ruby/gems/shared/specifications/trinidad_jars-1.0.3.gemspec]:
(class: java/lang/invoke/LambdaForm$LFI, method: invoke signature:
(Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandle;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)V)
Expecting to find integer on stack

- Charlie