Am 14.05.2012 08:55, schrieb Rémi Forax:
[...]
>> so you mean to tell me that I have first to convert the Object to an
>> Integer and that Integer to int, instead of directly converting the
>> Object to an int? I see, I will try that out.
>
> Yes.
> You should not have to do that because you first check if the
> parameter is an Integer but currently the VM doesn't propagate
> this information.
> (there is a patch for that, but not yet integrated)
> Also, it should be faster before the JIT is kicked in.

That it is slower at first is ok. Only I kind of assumed, that such
things can be optimized away. The less the JIT can optimize, the more I
have to do that and work around the limitations, making my runtime more
complex. And with the next JVM update all that work might be for nothing.

bye Jochen

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou - Groovy Project Tech Lead
german groovy discussion newsgroup: de.comp.lang.misc