Am 21.05.2012 07:34, schrieb Mark Roos:
> Hi Jochen
>
> I ran into a similar issue ( between versions within jdk8 ) where the
> default compile
> mode had changed to tieredCompile. This made the benchmark timing
> inconsistent.
>
> I have learned to look closely at the defaults and have moved to
> specifying quite
> a few in my batch files.

how can you see the defaults? and how can you change to the "old"
hotspot engine?

I also should mention that even under jdk7u2 the invokedynamic version
was only minimally faster than my call site version. That's not what is
to be expected of invokedynamic.

bye Jochen

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou - Groovy Project Tech Lead
german groovy discussion newsgroup: de.comp.lang.misc