On Jul 15, 2012, at 3:56 PM, Stephen Bannasch wrote:

> I'm getting this error compiling coroutine.cpp when I add "coro" to my guards
>
>   coroutine.cpp:111: error: 'startInternal_method_name' is not a member of
> 'vmSymbols'

The problem is that the coro.patch file did not apply cleanly.  A recent
rebasing to hotspot-comp has probably broken the coro script.  A relevant
interfering change is this, in hotspot-comp:
> changeset:   3281:0105f367a14c
> user:        rbackman
> date:        Tue Mar 06 12:36:59 2012 +0100
> summary:     7160570: Intrinsification support for tracing framework

The script you use to apply the patches will have reported an error, something
like this:
> 1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> src/share/vm/classfile/vmSymbols.hpp.rej

If the patches fail to apply, there is little or no hope that the build process
will work.

— John