Am 29.10.2012 17:29, schrieb Remi Forax:
[...]
> In my opinion, the best is to use Unsafe.ensureClassInitialized() the
> first time you call the BSM, it should be enough.

That one I did not know so far, interesting. My current work around is
to go with the fallback internal old MOP path... which means Reflection.
Now I think Reflection is using that method as well, but my problem is a
bit that I have no idea about the side effects of that method and its
availability on other JDKs. Though, maybe it is less an issue for
invokedynamic, since there are probably not many JDKs that support it.

So in general I try to avoid Unsafe... but maybe it is ok to use here?

bye Jochen

--
Jochen "blackdrag" Theodorou - Groovy Project Tech Lead
german groovy discussion newsgroup: de.comp.lang.misc