On 12/03/2014 07:38 AM, John Rose wrote:
Reviewed.

I sympathize with Paul's "gnarly" comment.

Nice bit of stream-ology (rheology) in the test code.

The test code is unctuous ?

Rémi

Regarding:

On Dec 2, 2014, at 8:20 AM, Vladimir Ivanov <vladimir.x.iva...@oracle.com>
wrote:
In src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/invoke/LambdaFormEditor.java

  366                     lambdaForm.transformCache = c = ta;

Do you need to set "c"? It's a local variable and by this point the method
should return rather than loop.
I did it mostly as a cleanup. Now I think that it doesn't help much. Removed (+
similar change in another place).
The "c = " bit can be viewed as a bug-stopper.  It prevents a later expression (if
introduced in a future change) from accidentally using 'c' and getting an out-of-date value.  A
better bug-stopper would be a declaration that "c is dead as of this point, and cannot be used
any more", but the language does not support that.  I don't mind seeing the assignment deleted.

— John

On Dec 1, 2014, at 8:58 AM, Vladimir Ivanov <vladimir.x.iva...@oracle.com>