On 04/24/2015 11:17 PM, John Rose wrote:
On Apr 24, 2015, at 5:38 AM, Charles Oliver Nutter <head...@headius.com> wrote:
Hey folks!

I'm wondering how the performance of ClassValue looks on recent
OpenJDK 7 and 8 builds. JRuby 9000 will be Java 7+ only, so this is
one place I'd like to simplify our code a bit.

I could measure myself, but I'm guessing some of you have already done
a lot of exploration or have benchmarks handy. So, what say you?
I'm listening too.  We don't have any special optimizations for CVs,
and I'm hoping the generic code is a good-enough start.
— John

I don't think I have a code that use ClassValue in a fast path .
I have several codes that uses a ClassValue when a callsite becomes megamorphic but in that case, I have found that the perf of ClassValue.get() hard to separate from the fact that I also loose inlining.

cheers,
Rémi