Konstantin,

In all cases when OOME happens the test operates with
BoundMethodHandle$SpeciesData class, so it indeed may be caused by
JDK-8078602.
It's not necessarily an evidence. Most of method handles are BMHs. So, I'd suggest to inspect the heap dump.

But is it a good idea of excluding the test? LFGarbageCollectedTest.java
fails not every time and may catch other product issues if they happen.
We can just leave it unchanged and close JDK-8068416 as a duplicate of
JDK-8078602.
No, intermittent test failures are not acceptable. Unless there's a way to limit produced BMHs count, the test should be excluded until JDK-8078602 is fixed.

Best regards,
Vladimir Ivanov

-Konstantin