>> MH is MRA compatible, but sadly there are only a few MRA with support MH.

>I don't understand this statement, but maybe my knowledge of
>actual implementations is too small.
>
>In theory, MRAs *retrieve* mail…
>
>Syncing mail via IMAP is something different; it has nothing
>to do with MRAs.

As technology (and the way we use it) evolves, the semantics of old labeling
becomes less apt. You might say the modern MRA is expected to sync,
you might say that sync tools are not MRAs, but something new. I don’t think
the semantics really matter in this discussion. The end goal is always the same:
propagating changes (folders, read/unread, deletions) to the IMAP server.