Hoi Dmitry and all,

first of all, thanks for maintaining the Debian package! It's
great to have it.

I have some comments on it. Should I file Debian bug reports or
is it okay to tell it to you this way?

1) The package description has ``nmh'' instead of ``mmh'' in
the second sentece.

2) This is a bit harsh: ``[...] rather mmh breaks compatibility
to nmh in order to modernize and simplify it.'' To some ears it
could sound like we would not care for compatibility at all.
(Compared to the nmh-situation in 2010 this might look correct.)
But we rather are willing to sacrifice compatibility for (in
our eyes) higher goals like modernity and simplicity, for
instance. Maybe you could reword this a bit.

3) The license information is not exactly correct. The license
included in debian/copyright is not the license of mmh but only
the closest one of the generic licenses.

http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/main/m/mmh/mmh_0.3-2_copyright
Nmh's license is a *taylored* 3-clause BSD license. I think it
should included verbatimely into the package copyright file,
and the type of license could be set to BSD-3-clause-like (or
whatever value is to be used in such a case). I mention this
because other people are nitty-picky with licenses. (Myself,
I'd prefer if mmh would still be in the public domain as MH
was was ... or at least have the generic 2-clause BSD license,
but well, there's no feasible way to get rid of the license we
have currently.)

4) The mmh package is still unreproducible (same problem as nmh).
This comes from compiling the compile time into the executables.
This way, it cannot be reproducible. I have no strong oppinion
either way. Just want to mention it here, for the record.

5) There's a warning in the Debian buildd logs:

        fmt_scan.c:151:8: warning: implicit declaration of function
                        'wcwidth' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

... for the Hurd and kFreeBSD architectures only.
        https://qa.debian.org/bls/packages/m/mmh.html

Maybe these architechtures have no MULTIBYTE_SUPPORT and thus
<wchar.h> is not included and thus wcwidth() should be replaced
by the value 1 in this case, meaning conditional compilation ...
Has anyone insights into this topic?

6) Also apparent from the Debian buildd logs, there's a bunch
of warnings with -Wunused-result. Anyone interested in fixing
these? (Catching failures of chdir(2) and such.)

meillo