Hoi.

[2019-01-05 15:01] Philipp Takacs <phil...@bureaucracy.de>

> I have changed my mind about the deprecation of whatnow. The best
> option I see is to add a warning to whatnow and the manpage mention
> whatnow2. The warning could look somithing like this.
>
> > whatnow is deprecated and will removed in mmh-0.5. Consider switching to
> > whatnow2.

This plan goes okay with me.

Maybe just you could shorten then message to fit 70 chars or so.
Maybe like this:

        whatnow is deprecated. Consider switching to whatnow2.

(Besides: We should avoid predicting the future. You never know
if the 0.5 release will actually turn out to be what you now
think it will. If at all, then write ``will be removed soon'' or
``in some of the next releases'', but actually, the word
``deprecated'' says this already.)

Nonetheless, I like the warning message.

> I'll also do some test today, but see no problem with the relase at
> 06.01.2019.

I have problems finding free time to have closer looks. But that
shall not delay anything. Release as planned. If we discover
problems afterwards, the following release only comes sooner. ;-)

Keep going!

meillo