The dependencies come with the installer, so that should not be the issue.

Peter

On Wednesday 07 January 2009 00:39:37 bevanmckech...@gmail.com wrote:
> yep, i can play all other sounds. I also checked every sound setting,
> i have a screen full of sound bars, every one displayed, and they are
> all on max, so mute.
>
> perhaps peter is right about pygame being the reason. I probably dont
> have the runtimes, so ill try installing those ... i never saw
> anything in the mnemosyne installation about those being required, was
> the installer supposed to install them for me? if not, perhaps the
> next windows setup file should come with all the dependencies in
> it ...
>
> On Jan 4, 6:00 am, "Oisín Mac Fhearaí" <denpasho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2009/1/3 bevanmckech...@gmail.com <bevanmckech...@gmail.com>:
> > > When looking at the performance tab in the task manager, cpu
> > > usage goes up a good 30% whenever I pres the ctrl-r replay shortcut,
> > > but nothing plays!!
> >
> > In that case, have you checked the mixer settings (while a longsound
> > is supposed to be playing, perhaps) in case pygame uses some weird
> > settings on your machine (e.g. maybe some slider is at level 0)? Seems
> > obvious, but I've been caught out by this before (usually on Linux
> > though).
> >
> > If you play an mp3 in the background, does it go silent while asound
> > should be playing in Mnemosyne?
> >
> > Oisín

Peter Bienstman
Ghent University, Dept. of Information Technology
Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
tel: +32 9 264 34 46, fax: +32 9 264 35 93
WWW: http://photonics.intec.UGent.be
email: peter.bienst...@ugent.be