(sorry for the late reply, holidays :-) )

Reset learning data is indeed about turning cards into 'new cards' again.

However, what might be confusing you is that if you export cards and reset the
learning data, and then reimport those cards in the same database, Mnemosyne
will not add these cards because they are already in the database, so nothing
is changed.

If you want to to reset your cards, you can import them in a new, empty
database.

Hope this helps,

Peter

--
Peter Bienstman
Ghent University, Dept. of Information Technology