>I have tried another cell phone too, the syncing doesn't work on this phone
>either (the "taskbar" overlaps the tags).

If that's the only problem, then exiting Mnemosyne by pressing the back key on
your phone (not home) and restarting Mnemosyne should solve the problem.

>Reverting to the old Mnemosyne version (2.3.6) did not work. I get the
>attached errors now. Mnemosyne on the PC displays the message "Sending >media
>files", but it doesn't send anything.

Just to be sure: this was with 2.3.6 both on your desktop as well as the
android apk corresponding to 2.3.6 that you can download from sourceforge?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mnemosyne-proj/files/mnemosyne/mnemosyne-2.3.6/

Also, best to start from an empty /sdcard/Mnemosyne

>When I opened the cards browser with the freshly reinstalled old Mnemosyne on
>my PC for the first time, I got the error message "XX" (see >attachment) once.

I would not worry about this, could be a temporary side effect of downgrading.

>> In your current phone situation, do you find a config.db in your Mnemosyne
>> directory, but not a default.db?
>
>Both files have been in the folder /sdcard/Mnemosyne and they are still there
>with the 2.3.6 Mnemosyne for Android.

I meant using 2.4 and deleting /sdcard/Mnemosyne, does default.db get created?

Cheers,

Peter