I have downloaded the Mnemosyne application on my Android. On my PC I have
close to 3000 cards I created with Japanese characters, vocabulary and such.
  On my PC, in "configure Mnemosyne" I checked "allow other devices so sync
with this computer", but was puzzled about the User Name and Password - I don't
remember having either. So I just typed new ones. It says "Port: 8512"
and"server running on 10.20.30.217. Not using any media files, so I left that
unchecked. Next I was puzzled by "allow remote review through a web browser".
What is that and should I? Just trying to get my smartphone to show me my
Japanese cards.
  When I select SYNC in the Mnemosyne application on my phone, more puzzlement
results. What should I enter in the "Server:" box? I entered the 10.20.30.107
although I suspect that is not what goes there. It seemed like a good thing
that the "Port 8512" agreed with same number on my PC.
And I entered the Username and Password I just created. Pushing SYNC bar, I
get" Logging in ..., long time nothing, then "Timeout when trying to connect to
server!"
   Please help, I am total internet nincompoop.