Le jeudi 19 avril 2018 03:59:58 UTC-3, Lucas Medina D'Abate a écrit :
> Hi everyone! I'm new here.
>
> I've been using spaced repetition software for quite a while with the
> "repetitions" app, and later on switched to the new tinycards app from the
> creators of duolingo. However, the webapp limitation to have only 150 cards
> per collection is really frustrating me and I've been evaluating anki or
> mnemosyne as a new flashcard app.
>
> I've noticed, though, that both anki and mnemosyne seem to use something
> called SM 2 algorithm to calculate the frequency of repetition. However, I've
> also seen that SuperMemo (creators of the sm algorithm?) works with a much
> newer version.
>
> Upon doing some more research I came across this site that explains what has
> been improved with each iteration.
> https://www.supermemo.com/help/smalg.htm#Historic_note:_earlier_releases_of_the_algorithm
>
> It all sounds good and the latest versions seem to improve the older versions
> in very convenient ways.
>
> Now I'm also intrigued about using supermemo, but I still do like some
> featurese that mnemosyne has, like different types of cards so that I can add
> pronunciation to the words that I learn in other languages.
>
> What's the reason behind sticking to version 2 of SM? I can't help but to
> feel like we're missing optimizations. I want to pick a new flashcard
> software ASAP but this makes it quite hard.
>
> Cheers!

Hello again, Mr. Peter!

Following your suggestion, I went on to check available options. I ended up
liking anki because of some automation add ons that I found very useful.
However, because of the questions that I had regarding supermemo algorithms I
set to test myself SM-2 and a newer version (specifically SM-8) to try and see
if the bold claims from supermemo were true, since I didn't find any previous
third party comparisons and I wanted to know.

I conducted a two month long experiment with a set of japanese words and I
reported my findings as I went through it here
http://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/effective-learning/1258-sm-2-vs-sm-15/comments/

I don't know if it's of use or interest to you, but I thought it might be of
some interest. This caused another user to conduct a similar experiment that's
still ongoing. I'm waiting to see what his findings are.

Cheers